These cookies are amazing in several ways. One: They are simple. (As in easy!) Two: They are delicious. (As in I can’t stop eating them. Right out of the 350 degree oven. Maybe that’s not such a good thing…) Three: They have NO refined sugar or wheat flour in them! Or eggs, for those who can’t eat them. What else could you ask for?!
So I’m sharing the cookies with you! No, I can’t bake them with you and sit down to chat over a plateful and glasses of cold raw milk, but maybe this means you can do that with a good friend, child, grandchild, or adoring hubby. Or wife, just in case there’s a guy out there somewhere reading this. 😉
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do! Let me know if you get to make them and what you think! 🙂 Happy baking!
- 1 c butter (softened)
- 1/4 c raw honey
- 1/4 c grade b maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 c white spelt flour
- 1/4 tsp Real Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter, honey and maple together until smooth. Add vanilla and incorporate. Add flour and salt and mix till combined.
- Flour a smooth surface and roll out to desired thickness. Cut out with whatever fun shapes you like, or drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on thickness and size you decided on.
- Pour a big glass of milk and enjoy right out of the oven!
Freezing these work well too!