I have a confession to make.
This is quite difficult to put out there, so bear with me…
You see… when I search for a recipe… I don’t often read the blog post attached to it. *lowers head in shame*
I’m actually just there for… the recipe. *covers face in shame* So I buzz through the commentary, (while perusing the pictures of course) to get to the recipe and do a quick once over to see if the ingredients meet my criteria. If I see cashews, or vegan, or gluten-free flour, the back button it is and on to the next recipe.
Now, who else is ready to admit that they do this also? If you are one of them, you’re probably not reading this anyway. 😉
So without further ado, here’s the recipe. 😉 I truly hope you enjoy it!
- 1 c milk (raw, organic)
- 1 egg pastured
- 1/2 c organic peanut butter melted
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 c sprouted oat flour
- 1/4 c xylitol
- 1/4 c + 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/8 tsp Real Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add wet ingredients to kitchen aid bowl, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients in order listed and mix until well incorporated.
- Grease 9x9 cake pan with coconut oil and pour cake batter in.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on how tender you want it.
- Remove from oven, let cool for an hour then frost with recipe below.
- 1/4 c butter softened
- 1/2 pk. organic cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c organic peanut butter.
- 5 tbsp maple sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix well.
- Spread on cake.