So my absence from the blog has a good excuse again. I’m working on that post. (Probably coming Friday 😉 ) But for now, I wanted to share a recipe that my dear friend, Emily, has been asking for. 🙂
We met on Facebook (hey, it IS useful for good things!), being a state away and about 6 hours from each other, but shared a ton of the same likes/beliefs, and, surprisingly, ended up pregnant with our sons at almost exactly the same time. She had hers 4 days before we did and our boys are a couple of the sweetest on the planet! (We’re only slightly biased). 😉
She is very into Essential Oils and has been educating me on their benefits. So we decided to have a class! At my house! She was uber brave and made the 6 hour road trip alone with a 13 month old, and we had the best weekend. 🙂 I made lots of food and one of the recipes was this one!
She still isn’t giving her son gluten, but he is much more interested in food so this was a safer, and well liked, option. 🙂 Keep in mind, it IS gluten free, but it is NOT grain-free.
I love, love, love To Your Health Sprouted Flours (not being paid a penny here!), and I used their Organic Sprouted Oat Flour in this recipe (I WILL get something for that one, but from Amazon, not To Your Health). They turned out super moist, just sweet enough and delicious with a pat of real butter. I hope you like them! Let me know below if so (or if not!). 😉
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 2/3 c sour cream (cultured, not pasteurized)
- 1 1/4 c sprouted oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 1 c fresh or frozen blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Mix together wet ingredients and coconut sugar.
- Add dry in order listed and mix just until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Prepare muffin tin by lining with paper cups and then lightly spraying with olive oil cooking spray. (Optional, but really helps muffins to come out of paper liners)
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until centers are set.
- Add butter and enjoy!